Last updated July 30, 2023
This Policy applies when you interact with our websites located at https://concordiahanoi.org and any other websites, pages, features or content we own or operate (collectively, the “Site(s)”); when, as a subscriber to our service, you use services available through our online platform (the “Platform”) and when you use our other products, services, or mobile apps that direct you to this Policy (collectively, including the Sites and the Platform the “Service(s)”).
We may, in our sole discretion, modify or update this Policy from time to time. If we make a change to this Policy that we believe materially changes how we use your personal information or reduces your rights, we will notify you here or by means of a notice on our home page.
Use of Personal Information
Concordia Hanoi collects certain personal information about you and your use of our Services. The definition of personal information (used interchangeably with “personal data” for European residents) depends on the applicable law based on your physical location. Only the definition that applies to your physical location will apply to you under this Policy. The personal information that Concordia Hanoi collects falls into three primary categories: (1) information you voluntarily provide to us, (2) information we collect from you automatically, and (3) information we collect from third parties.
Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us. We, or service providers that assist us in providing, maintaining, and operating our Services, may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Web Forms. We may collect your name, email, school information and phone number when you request information, meetings, or would like to get in touch with us for other matters. Personal information that you provide by email or web forms will be used only for such purposes as are described at the point of collection (for example on a web form), such as to send information to you or respond to your questions or comments. If you provide contact information, we may contact you to clarify your comment or question, or to learn about your level of interest in, or satisfaction with our services.
- Event and Training Registration. If you register for a Concordia Hanoi event or would like to participate in a an event, we may request certain personal information from you on our request form. We may ask you to provide contact information (such as name, email, school information, job title, role, organization name). We use this information for event registration or to contact you if we have difficulty arranging the event.
- Customer Service. When you engage with our support team, we may collect records, copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), and any additional information you choose to share with us.
- Testimonials. We may request use of information, photos, or other images through permission to post testimonials, both written and video, on our website. Permission to display testimonial information (name, school, phone number) is obtained prior to displaying them on our site. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- Blog and Forums. We offer publicly accessible blogs and community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request the removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. Additionally, when you subscribe to our blog, newsletter and other updates, and would like to receive periodical updates, we may collect your name, email and role.
- Surveys. Occasionally we may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys on our Sites. If you participate, we may request certain personal information from you. Participation in these surveys is entirely voluntary. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and email address). We use this information to improve our services and product offerings.
Information We Automatically Collect. To the extent permitted under the applicable law, we may collect certain types of information automatically, such as whenever you interact with the Sites or use the Services. We may collect the following types of information automatically from you:
- Usage Data. When you browse our Sites, we automatically collect log data such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, domain names, referring and exit pages and URLs, pages viewed and the order of these page views, the date and time you access our servers, and other diagnostic data.
- Device Information. When you use your desktop or mobile devices to access our Services, we may be able to identify your device’s unique device identifier, MAC address, operating system, and your mobile device’s advertising ID.
- Location Information. When you use our Services, we may infer the generic physical location and geographic regions of your device from your Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and other device settings. For example, your IP address may indicate your general geographic region. You may choose not to share your location details with us by adjusting your mobile or desktop device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
Information We Collect From Third Parties. From time to time, we may obtain information about you from third-party sources as required or permitted by law. These sources may include:
- Marketing Partners and Analytics Providers: Unless prohibited by applicable law, we may obtain your personal information from marketing partners and analytics providers so that we can better understand which of our Services may be of interest to you and to provide us information necessary to improve our Services.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
• Analyze our web traffic using an analytics package
• Identify whether you already visited our Sites
• Store information about your preferences
• To recognize when you return to our Sites
We use your personal information as described in this Policy for business and commercial purposes, or as disclosed to you prior to such processing taking place. We may process your personal information:
- To Provide Concordia Hanoi's Services. We will use your personal information to provide information or perform Services that you request, including managing your request as a registered user to our Platform. For example, when you register to our events, we may require your payment information to process your registration. Third parties such as payment processing companies may also access and/or collect your personal information when assisting us to fulfill your registration or other order. We work diligently with such third parties to protect your information.
- To Maintain Legal and Regulatory Compliance. Our Services are subject to certain laws and regulations which may require us to process your personal information. For example, we process your personal information to fulfill our business obligations, ensure compliance with education and student information protection laws, to manage risk as required under applicable laws and regulations, or to respond to requests by judicial process or governmental agency.
To Enforce Compliance with Our Terms, Agreements and Policies. When you access or use our Services, you are bound to our Terms. We may process your personal information for compliance purposes, such as carrying out our obligations and enforcing our Terms or other legal rights, including those arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
To Detect and Prevent Fraud and Security Risks. We may process your personal information to help monitor, prevent and detect fraud and abusive use of our Service, monitor and verify your identity so that unauthorized users do not gain access to your information, enhance system security, and combat spam, malware, malicious activities or other security risks.
To Provide Customer Support or Respond to You. We collect any information that you provide to us when you contact us. Without your personal information, we cannot respond to you or ensure your continued use and satisfaction of the Services. For users of our Ask the Community and Share an Idea portals, your data is submitted to our partners aha.io and Slack. Additionally, we may copy your data into other tools as we act upon your suggestions. You may withdraw from participation in the portals by either making a support request through email at email@example.com.
To Provide Marketing Communication. We may collect your email address, phone number or other electronic addresses that you voluntarily provide to us when you subscribe to our marketing communications. We will occasionally send you information on products, services and promotions. When you no longer wish to receive these marketing messages from us, you can opt out at any time by unsubscribing or following the instructions contained within such messages, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Platform users may opt out by clicking on the “My Account” button in the upper left corner of the Platform home page, and selecting “My Subscriptions”. Then under “Current Subscriptions” click on “Email Mailing List Settings”.
To Research and Develop of Our Services. We may process your personal information and derive analytical and statistical data to better understand the way you use and interact with our Services. For instance, analyzing where, on which types of devices and how our Site is used, how many visitors we receive, and where they click on the Site may help us improve our existing Services and to build new Services. Please see our Cookies and Other Similar Tracking Technologies section for more information.
To Personalize Your Experience. We may process your information to personalize your experience. By personalization, we enable you to more easily interact with our Services across platforms and devices.
To Facilitate Corporate Acquisitions, Mergers and Transactions. We may process any information regarding your account and your use of our Services as is necessary in the context of corporate acquisitions, mergers or other corporate transactions.
With Your Consent. For any other purpose disclosed to you prior to you providing us your personal information or which is reasonably necessary to provide the services or other related services requested, with your permission or upon your direction.
How We Protect Your Information
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. We maintain our Services and all associated information with technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect against the loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification and improper disclosure of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such information, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. If you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised, you should contact us immediately at email@example.com.
This website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
When you leave https://concordiahanoi.org you will go to sites outside of our control. These external sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information. The privacy policies and procedures described here for Concordia Hanoi do not apply to any external links. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any site you link to from ours, especially if you share any personal information. Be informed. You are the person best qualified to protect your own privacy.